Vani Thavarajah is a Director within PwC’s pensions consulting practice with over 20 years’ experience in the pensions industry.
She currently focuses on advising companies on managing the cost and risk associated with their DB pension schemes including scheme funding, benefit design and member options.
Previous roles include leading the pensions financial reporting proposition within PwC, working closely with its audit practice.
Career highlights include:
- Advising on, and project managing, a hybrid scheme buy-out early on in her career – a great way to learn about all aspects of occupational pensions, not just actuarial
- Having the opportunity to work on some fantastic projects, working collaboratively alongside talented colleagues including specialists across investment, covenant, legal, and communications, to help clients achieve their objectives
- Being seconded (twice) to a FTSE 50 client as head of corporate pensions which provided valuable insight into life in the client’s shoes
- Seeing her teams, and others she has coached or help recruit, develop and grow in their careers
- Having the flexibility to be able to juggle a career whilst being a mum
Vote for Vani Here!